Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Today Is Wednesday

Today is Wednesday. Blood Test is not till Friday. Today.Is.Only.WEDNESDAY!!

Actually, I've really been fine. This 2 Week Wait (although it's really only 10 days) is not bothering me too much. 

I needed to get some Easter Basket stuffers for Andrew and decided to try the Dollar Store to save some money. By the way, the Dollar Store is completely underrated! Tons of neat stuff in there for only a buck. Including... Pregnancy Tests. To spend $1 on a pregnancy test that usually costs about $8 was such a good deal that walking away from that deal would just be crazy!

So, I bought 5.

I ran a few more errands and ended up getting home about an hour later. I had to go to the bathroom anyway, so I figured why not use one of the 5 Cheapy Tests to "just see" what the results were. I was going in to it knowing that if it was Negative - that does not mean anything - it's really too soon to tell. If I got a positive - that makes my outlook even better for Friday's test.

It was negative. No faint lines, no iffy results, no "if you hold it in the light shading" - nothing.

I started out the "2ww" thinking it worked and we were going to be one of the blessed couples that walked in to IVF and got our baby on the first try. As the days have gone by, I've been having much less certainty of what our results will be. There have been no real symptoms to speak of and I've been mentally preparing myself for handling the disappointment and moving forward with the next try.

I definitely still think we have hope and may be pregnant. I know that people who are 7dp5dt (7 days post 5 day transfer) often get negative pee-on-a-stick results and nothing counts until the HCG count on Friday via a blood draw. I also know that I used a $1 test that is not as sensitive as some of the other Early Detection Brands. This has not phased me much.

But, I'm ready, ready, ready for the test on Friday. I feel like we are having a baby! Maybe not on our first try, but I feel good about this process as a whole.

And, on a very positive note - the Progesterone shots don't bother me much anymore! We are on day 13 of the big-mama shots and I've embraced the process (i.e., shut out the emotion of it sucking). I'm actually almost preferring the shots to the change to suppositories.

End Justifies The Means.


No comments:

Post a Comment