Thursday, March 7, 2013

IVF Doc Appointments

I've had two doctor's appointments this week and things are progressing nicely.

On Tuesday - they counted approximately 11 eggs that were growing. After getting my blood test back they increased my medication dose. My new meds dosage:
1. .5 Lupron every morning. 
2. 225 IU of Follistim in the morning
3. 225 IU of Follistim in the evening

Today's appointment was even better - She counted 17 eggs! My goal and theirs is to retrieve somewhere between 15-20 so this was fantastic news. However, my levels are still off and they have increased my dosage again:
1. .5 Lupron
3. 225 IU of Follistim in the morning
3. 300 IU of follistim in the evening.

The increase in dosage has made my current supply of Follistim run low. I have been going back and forth with Insurance and new Pharmacies to get more overnighted to me. Running out of this is not an option. Looks like the new vials will arrive tomorrow morning - hopefully this will be enough. I don't want to order more than I need because even the co-pay is expensive. Without insurance, we would have to pay $775 per 48 hours of this medicine. We will easily go through 5 vials of this stuff - $3,875 without insurance. With insurance - $800.

At this point, I've given myself over 30 shots in 2 weeks. I've finally hit the point of acceptance and don't even think about it anymore. That being said, I'm running out of "fresh" areas and so I'm bleeding from most of the shots. My skin is a little sensitive right now - but the pain is not bad and the whole process is really fast.

On a very positive note - the headaches have subsided a little bit. My mood remains great and I'm very excited about this entire process.

We are getting so close!!




No comments:

Post a Comment