Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Eagle Has Landed

Our 2 embryos are in!

My appointment was yesterday morning at 8:30am. Unfortunately, Jeff is in training right now and was not able to get the day off. So, Jennifer came with me to drive me home after the procedure.

It was a smooth and perfect process.

I was able to see our 2 perfect embryos under the microscope. I was not given specifics, but was told that they were fantastic Blastocysts. Grade A quality. So, I'm thrilled. 

Of the 9 eggs that were fertilized, 7 made it to the 5 day Blastocyst stage. They picked the best 2 and are going to freeze the remaining 5 - we will use these if this first round does not work or save them for a year or so and then try again for additional babies. yay!

Jen brought me home and I went straight upstairs to start my 4 days of bed rest. Most of the information that I've read says bed rest for 48 hours but my doctor insists on 4 days. I'm not going to start not listening to him now. He has been nothing but perfect through this process so I'm going to veg-out in bed for 4 days with a smile on my face.

A huge thank you goes out to Jennifer who dropped everything to help us out in this process. She is my nurse, my movie-watching buddy, my babysitter, my maid, etc... she is managing this home while Jeff is working and I'm horizontal. As usual, I owe God a huge thank you for sending Jennifer in to our lives. She has, yet again, saved the day.

Now what - now we wait. 9.Long.Days. But, that's ok. I've got plenty to do to fill my time. I go back to the doctor on Monday for a progesterone and estrogen level blood test. Then I go back on the 29th for the results of the pregnancy test. Funny enough, I found out I was pregnant with Andrew on March 29, 2009. What a fun coincidence if it works out!

Prayers.Prayers.Prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Awe .. I just had a chance to read and catch up. Love you :-)

    ReplyDelete