Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Change To Schedule

I had my appointment yesterday and they have not seen as much growth in the eggs as they would like. So, they pushed the retrieval date back so we can stimulate (take shots)  for an extra day. For now, they think the retrieval will be either Friday or Saturday. We are hoping for Saturday because Jeff is off work. But, it is up to the eggs and their growth progress.

I was supposed to have an appointment today to do the possible HCG injection called the Trigger Shot. They pushed my appointment to Wednesday and they will determine then if we are ready for the shot. It's a delicate balance to get the eggs large enough but not let my progesterone levels get too high. If the progesterone levels are too high - it decreases my chances of the embryo implanting.

I've started reading more about diets that will increase the egg growth. I've cut my sugar, wheat and caffeine drastically and doubled my protein and water intake.  I'm hopeful that these changes will help. I'm a bit worried that I did them too late, but there is not much I can do about that for this cycle. That being said, this was advice from random entries in fertility forums and did not come from my doctor. So, it's validity is questionable.

More to come... 


No comments:

Post a Comment