Jeff and I decided that we needed to take a little vacation to get away from the house and spend some time with the family. Anyone who knows us is well aware that we have a house full of people all of the time. Our guest bedroom is like a hotel room with people coming and going all of the time. We absolutely love it, but sometimes we just want to get away and relax a little bit.
The next few weeks are going to be extremely hectic and today and tomorrow are the only days that we had available for a little get-away. I asked my wonderful, fantastic and awesome tennis partner and great friend, Stephanie, if I could use their lake house for 2 nights and she graciously said absolutely. So, we packed up the car and here we are.
Jeff and Andrew are taking a nap and I'm drinking a glass of wine and looking out at a beautiful lake. It's so relaxing and calming that when I'm here, I never want to leave. And, the greatest thing is that her lake house is only an hour from our house. It's perfect!
Here are a few pictures of our visit so far...
The rest of our trip will consist of the following...
Tonight's Dinner - Steaks on the grill with asparagus and mushrooms.
Some working by both of us - by the lake, of course.
Tomato and Mushroom Omelets for breakfast.
Maybe some jet ski time and some swimming off the dock.
Good quality family time with no phone, no tv, no interruptions.
Tomorrow Night's Dinner - BBQ Ribs, Sauteed Peppers and a great Salad
Little bit more work
Early to bed!
I'm keeping the camera close and will post more pictures as we introduce Andrew to the lake. He has a new hat, 100 SPF sunblock, swim trunks and a cool float with a cover to protect the "pasty white skin" he got from his daddy.
Thanks Stephanie and Marc for letting us use your great lake house!
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment