Friday, May 21, 2010

The Celebration of 4 Years



Jeff and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary on May 11th. We've had a great 4 years and a lot has changed since our wedding day in Florida back in 2006. Jeff is now a full time student heading towards a Nursing degree. We are now the proud parents of what we consider to be the best baby in the entire world. Our partying ways have slowed down to almost a crawl and we now consider a fun night to be one that ends before midnight.

With as much that has changed, I tend to look at the last 4 years and think about our relationship and here is what I know...

1. I still love Jeff with all that I am and all that I have. He brings a balance to my life that gives me the strength and courage to take on anything.
2. I still get excited each day to wake up next to my best friend, my partner in life and the funniest person I've ever met.
3. I miss our going out and late night adventures but in exchange get to watch him with Andrew and that's a wonderful trade off in my opinion.
4. I have witnessed a young twenty something partying guy become this amazing man who has a positive outlook on life and an ever-growing desire to improve himself.
5. I still hate our fights and how mean we can be to each other - but the "I'm Sorry's" come a lot faster than they used to and the fights are fewer and fewer as the years go by.
6. After 10 years, he knows everything about me and I know everything about him. It is very comforting to have someone that close to you and to allow yourself to be that vulnerable with another person.
7. I love that we share the same interests and that we do this on purpose. It's a way for us to ensure we spend time together, while still getting to learn new things.
8.  I love that after dinner he will bring me a Hershey Kiss because he knows that I like to end my meal with something sweet.
9. I love that he actually brings me 3 Hershey Kisses because he knows that I can't eat just one.
10. We both know that marriage takes work, takes time and takes patience and we are both willing to give it all we have to make it work. That is all I can ask for in a marriage.

I have loved the last 4 years and look forward to our future together.

Jeff, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment