I grew up suffering each year with horrible outdoor allergies. So much so that I actually could get out of any form of yard work at my parents house. Everyone but me would be outside working in the yard and I would actually be forced to stay inside because the allergy attack that occurred was so bad. My constant sneezing would actually get on people's nerves. The nice response of "God Bless You" would turn to "Would you just stop sneezing!!"
Fast forward to 2000 when I moved to Dallas. No allergy attacks anymore. I was free from whatever was plaguing me in Louisiana. Until now. It's back. If not on some medication, I sneeze every moment that I'm awake. Sneezing in the shower, sneezing checking the mail, sneezing while drinking coffee (that one is especially not fun)...you get the picture. I woke up in the middle of the night last week, sneezed about 7 times then fell back to sleep. And it is not just the sneezing - my eyes itch so bad and get so red and cloudy that I look like I've been crying for 2 weeks. My nose is congested and red at the edges. I look like a clown - not a cute clown.
Allergy season is no fun. I'm not sure what this season has that has made me so susceptible to these attacks, but I'm really wanting it to end quickly so that I can get back to normal life. Now I must go - no medication in me and I've sneezed over 10 times while writing this blog.
By the way - why do sneezes come in twos?
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment