We started our day with big plans to make it to church. Instead, we got dressed and in the car just in time to beat the 11:00am deadline for Taquitos from Whataburger. It does not take much to please me and I have a slight addiction to a Whataburger Taquito. I used to say that Andrew was made of Taquitos because we would eat them 2 times a week during my pregnancy. It was why I was able to easily gain 53 pounds and Jeff was able to gain 25. Since Andrew's birth, I can count on one hand the number of times we have been to get my favorite breakfast. It's much more rare now that I'm back to watching what I eat. So, this simple and inexpensive breakfast is quite a treat for me. No lines, no waiting, no tipping and under $10 for both of us. Good start to the day.
Now that I'm full of good-lovin breakfast - Here are some ramblings in my head...
1. As a new mom, I now realize why they have an entire day dedicated to Moms and Dads. It's a hard job, it takes up most of your time and for the most part, it's pretty thankless. But one thing is for sure - it's absolutely worth it. I remember, as a child, wondering why they did not have a Kid's Day since they have a Mother's and Father's Day. Now I completely understand that Kid's Day is pretty much every other day of the year. I also want to thank my mom for the enormous amount of time and energy she spent with me. Mom - you are the best!
2. Life is so busy these days. I find myself constantly over-booked and running out of time to get everything done. I mentioned this to one of my best friends - explaining to her that I am just always under water and the wise, seasoned mom that she is told me "you just need to learn to swim better." She is so right. What I'm learning is that sometimes in order to swim better, you have to drop things out of the boat that you are dragging behind you. The non-essentials, the wants-not-needs and the controlling-everything-mindsets are being dumped from my boat. So, as I celebrate my first Mother's Day and the successful rearing of my child for almost 6 whole months (grins) - I'm also celebrating learning some very valuable lessons about life, time and what really matters.
Not to worry, I will still run my business(es), play tennis, work-out with my trainer, play volleyball, spend time with hubby, spend time with our child, interact with my friends, visit with family, manage our home and finances, plan a vacation and of course keep up with my blog - but what I'm dropping from the boat will make all of this much easier.
3. All day yesterday, Jeff and I were helping Jennifer move to her new duplex in Plano. We were finally headed home at about 10:30pm. Jeff and Andrew were in the Expedition and I was following them in Jeff's car. At one point along the ride home, I had this very surreal moment. I realized that in the car in front of me was my entire life. It was a very vulnerable feeling, yet also very calming. My life is very blessed. I have a wonderful family and support system, I have great people surrounding me on a daily basis and I get to spend time with some absolutely fantastic individuals. But, more than anything - those two fellas in the car in front of me are my world. I would not be the person I am if it were not for both of them. I thank God everyday that I was able to meet Jeff and we made such a fantastic little "Drewster". We made it home safe and I hugged my boys tight and we were all snoozing about 10 minutes later.
Those are a few of the random thoughts in my head as I celebrate my first Mother's Day. The rest of the day will be spent with Sybil, Mike, Jeff and Andrew. We will cook some good food, relax and spend some good family time together. Much love to Sybil for giving me my wonderful hubby and for being such a huge help to us every single day! You are a great mamaw!!
Happy Mother's Day everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment