Thursday, February 25, 2010

3 Month Update

Andrew is 3 months old today. It is hard to believe that it has been 3 months since he came in to our lives. In some ways it is hard to remember what life was like without him. However, at times we find ourselves reminiscing of Friday nights that did not involve spit up or poopy diapers. It's an interesting thing as you start to adjust to this new life that you have with this wonderful child. While he has added so much joy to our lives, he is (like all babies) demanding of a lot of time, needing things from us during times that we would prefer to sleep and not the best at communicating what he is upset about. But, I would not change anything about him. Personally, I think he is perfect. I know that I'm a bit biased, but I do think I have the best baby in the whole world. He is a joy every day and I look forward to seeing his cute smiling face every possible minute. He has brought a peace to my life and an overall happiness that can not really be put in to words.

Andrew, I hope you know that I love...
1. Your Giggles - The smiling that you have done over the last several weeks was so cute, but the smiles with the giggles are even more awesome.
2. That you now recognize mommy and daddy and even have trouble containing your excitement when you see us and when we talk to you.
3. The fact that you have started to mimic us with mouth sounds. It's just amazing to see how quickly you catch on to different things.
4. Your hair - even though it's falling out and you pretty much have a big comb over covering a few bald patches.
5. Those big blue eyes - And I think they are going to stay blue - YAY!
6. Those little hands that hold on so tight to my finger to make sure I stay close.
7. The way you win over everyone that meets you. This especially makes Daddy proud! Hearing "he is so cute and such a good baby" never gets old.
8. Your big chubby legs that seem to be getting cuter each day. Keep on kicking little fella!
9. The way you put your lips together in a kiss-like way to tell us you are hungry and might flip out at any second if we don't get some food in your belly pretty darn quickly.
10.Watching as you soak in the world around you with such a positive attitude and overall excitement.

It's been great and I can't wait to keep on watching as our little boy grows.


 


 

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Andrew with your mom!

    I had no idea you had a new blog post up.. I've missed a few. Keep me in the loop woman!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete