Friday, February 5, 2010

Slept Through The Night

Because we have a 2 story home with all of the bedrooms on the second floor, I like to pack up everything we are going to need throughout the night and bring it with me to the bedroom. Each night as I head to bed I am lugging up 2 dogs, multiple bottles, a cooler for the bottles, my pump with extra storage bottles and a glass of water. It's quite the process. However, over the last few months I realized it was much easier to do that than to get up when Andrew gets up, turn off the motion detectors for the alarm, head downstairs, get a bottle, put it in the warmer....wait, wait, wait...then go back upstairs to a child that is now frantic, starving and much harder to get back to sleep.

I started out with 3 bottles for the middle of the night feedings and in the last few weeks, I've been able to go down to 2. It's been great to see him start to sleep a little bit more each night and the need for that extra bottle start to decrease.

This morning I woke up and realized that Jeff never got a bottle from me for the late night feeding. I immediately checked the cooler and there they both were. This meant our child slept through his normal 4 am feeding! Being a new mom, I quickly became concerned about whether he was ok. I stared at the video monitor to try to detect any movement at all. I listened intently to see if there was a sound coming from him. I could not tell. I woke up Jeff and told him what was going on. He immediately went to Andrew's room to check out the situation. Our boy was alive and well and actually still asleep! We did a little dance and quickly got back in to bed to celebrate our "sleeping in".

Although, he quickly woke up right after that, I did not care. He slept from 8:30pm - 6:45am. And, what's better is that I fed him and by 7:15am, he was sleeping again.

I am seeing the light at the end of this tunnel! Now, if only he will do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment