Thursday, March 4, 2010

Male Pattern Baldness...

It's official, my child is going bald. I realize that it is very normal for him to lose his "baby hair" but for some reason, he has decided to keep the hair on the back of the head and only lose the top portion. Now, I admit that I am to blame for a big portion of this because I treated his cradle cap with a shampoo and de-flaking procedure that pretty much dissolved his hair. Of course, I did not realize this would happen, but C'est La Vie.

I do have to laugh at it because it just looks so strange. And, as my grandfather said last week... "He looks like he has three strands of hair. One for the right side of his head, one for the left side of his head and one for the middle." He followed that up by saying, "...still more hair than I have though." So true Papaw, so true.

Anyway, thought I would post a before and after shot so others can be as entertained as I am.

 
This was taken in December.  

  
This was taken tonight. Gotta love that surprised face. 

Can't wait to see what his new hair is going to look like. I'm assuming it will come in a little more strawberry blonde/reddish like his daddy.






1 comment:

  1. The same thing happened with Rocco. Don't worry, it grows back beautifully! What a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete