Monday, January 4, 2010

Cowboys and Saints

Jeff and I had the pleasure of going to the Cowboys/Saints game in the Superdome over the Christmas break. Thanks to my wonderful friend Lauren and her dad for the tickets to the game. What a great Christmas present - 50 yard line seats about 30 rows up from the field on the Cowboys side! It was absolutely awesome! The Cowboys defeated the Saints - 24-17 - giving them their first loss of the season.


Now, while there were several hundred Cowboy fans in their Blue and Silver attire, Jeff and I chose to cheer for our team in disguise. We wore "street clothes" that would not make us stand out as Cowboy fans. I heard too many of my friends from home fussing at me about cheering for the Cowboys over the Saints -- Actually wearing Cowboys attire would only make things worse. In my defense, I was never a huge Saints fan growing up. Anyone who knew the Saints back in the 80's and 90's knew that it was not exactly the team that was expected to go very far. I never cheered against them, just never really got in to it.


And, just to be clear - I would LOVE for the Saints to win the Superbowl - As long as the Cowboys could not do it. And, I especially feel that way after going to the game. What an amazing and fantastic experience. The Saints fans are awesome. I think I actually lost some of my hearing in the 4th Quarter when they were coming back to an almost-victory against the Cowboys.

I thought I would post some pictures of our night in the New Orleans Superdome. Thanks to my mom and dad for watching Andrew and letting us get to do this. These pics will let you know how awesome our seats were! Go Cowboys! Congrats on a great win. And, Good Luck Saints!

 
 
This final picture is of our AWESOME Miles Austin. A true up and comer for the Cowboys.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment