Now, don't get me wrong - I LOVE spending time with Andrew. It's hard to imagine loving someone so much and seeing how my extremely selfish thoughts of the past have been transferred to his well being, his comfort and his growth. It's a wonderful transition, but one that needs a little bit of balance at this point. I totally respect those mothers that dedicate everything to their child, but I'm not one of those mothers. I don't think it makes me a bad person. I think that by maintaining my own sense of self and accomplishing my goals of 'me-time' that I'm actually helping Andrew have a mommy that is happy and healthy, which is much better for him.
Now, look at this cute face... I realize that this could be hard!
Considering that I knew that I was going to have to go back eventually, we started the hunt for a part-time, in-home nanny. We went the route of visiting day care facilities and decided that we were not comfortable with that until Andrew was older. He would have been the youngest in the facility and would have been exposed to such a large number of illnesses at such an early age - no way.
My friend Lauren recommended a nice older lady to us. She had kept Grant (Lauren's son) for a few months back when he was younger. She had such great things to say about this lady, so we were thrilled to meet her. We met Jerlene - "Miss J" - yesterday and practically hired her on the spot. She was so good with Andrew. She talked to him, laughed with him, hugged on him, etc...
Miss J starts on Monday. She will be keeping Andrew on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. I will be here with them, but working (at least that is the plan). Sybil will come here and keep Andrew every Wednesday and Thursday. She has been such a life saver! It's great to have Mamaw in town and especially great that she is such an awesome cook AND care giver. So, between Mamaw Sybil and Miss J, our little angel will be well cared for during the day. This will let mommy work and daddy go to school.
It's been a great break and I'm so blessed to have been able to take this time with Andrew (Thanks Laura!!). I will miss the constant time with him, but I am also very excited to get back to work.
Happy 2 Months Andrew-- We Love You!!






I LOVE the pictures :-) I'm missing the little guy! Two months has gone by so fast!!
ReplyDelete