Monday, April 25, 2011

The Confetti King

Easter Sunday was fantastic and Andrew had so much fun playing with Granny, Pappy And Uncle Matt that he may not have even noticed the Easter Bunny's surprises without some set-up from us. While they went on a walk, Jeff and I set up his hunt for eggs and his basket from the Easter Bunny at the front door so that he could not miss it on his way back inside.
Granny and Andrew walking to the park.
Andrew attacking and taking down Uncle Matt
Back from the park to find that the Easter Bunny has left a surprise!
Realizing he is surrounded by eggs and has a lot to do.
Not wanting much to do with Mommy right now - he was way too busy.
Once we got back inside, Andrew wanted to open all the eggs and get all the candy out of them. He does not really eat the candy, but seems to enjoy throwing it around. It was then that I realized I made a huge mistake with some of the eggs. You see, Aunt Jennifer had brought Andrew an amazing personalized Easter Basket and Backpack full of goodies the day before. Part of those goodies included Confetti Eggs (the kind we used to make in elementary school that was an egg shell full of confetti with a piece of paper taped over the top). Well, in an effort to make the yard full of eggs, the 'Easter Bunny' used those eggs too and so they ended up in the "open-to-empty" pile. Here is what ended up happening...

This was early in the process - it is already in his hair.
He is having a great time.
It has started to spread all around him.
The emptying of the confetti - in action.
I'm still sweeping up confetti and found it in his hair hours later. But, I can say that he had a wonderful Easter weekend and has a new found love for Egg Hunts and Confetti.

1 comment:

  1. Confetti is such a great idea! He looks so cute in his blue plaid shirt. I'm glad you guys had a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete