Monday, May 16, 2011

Our Anniversary

Jeff and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on May 11th. We had great plans for how we were going to spend our day together. It was going to be a wonderful day where we slowed down a bit and actually celebrated us. I was very much looking forward to our day and then our evening at Steve Fields for a good steak and wine. Andrew, on the other hand, had absolutely no intention of letting this day of love and fun occur. He was sent home on Tuesday from daycare due to being sick and managed to hold on to the funk through Wednesday, the big 5 year anniversary day. Our day of fun was actually spent taking care of him and trying to make him feel better. He slept a lot which tied us to the house, but we made the best of it. We napped, watched tv, relaxed and were still able to spend the day together. So, actually, it was perfect!


By the evening, Andrew was feeling better and Jennifer came over to babysit so that Jeff and I could go to enjoy our big dinner. We started our evening at RA Sushi for an "appetizer/lunch" sushi roll and a happy hour beer. We left there and went over to Steve Fields for our 7:30 reservation. We enjoyed a wonderful bottle of Italian wine, crab cakes, fish, a pork chop and dessert. We had the SAME waiter and table as we did the year before when we went to celebrate our 4 year anniversary. We thought that was pretty ironic.


At the end of our meal, our waitress informed us that our friends David and Sandi had called prior to us getting there and asked them to wish us a Happy Anniversary. They paid for our appetizers and dessert. It was so unexpected and we were so grateful to them for thinking of us on our special day. We are truly blessed to have such great friends in our lives!


All in all, it was the perfect day. Even though it did not go as originally planned, it was still great!

Jeff and I don't get to spend as much time alone together as we used to - whether it is his school demands, my work demands or the Drewster's demands, we are constantly on the go. Often, I get these great reminders of how much we have been through together, how much we love and support each other and how blessed we are as a couple. We have a connection that many couples don't get to experience and I look forward to where our lives are going. No matter what, we are going together.


I love you Jeff! Happy Anniversary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment