Monday, April 25, 2011

Crawfish Boil

A few weeks ago we were invited to a crawfish boil and it made me remember how much I love crawfish boils and how much I've missed having them. So, I decided to do some research and figure out if it was feasible to have a small Crawfish Boil on Saturday while my family was in town. Kroger has been running a special for Live Louisiana Crawfish. They were only $1.45 a pound - that's amazing prices for Texas and pretty darn good prices for Louisiana too. So, I jumped on the deal and reserved our crawfish immediately.

My parents and brother arrived on Friday and we spent a low-key evening at home catching up and relaxing. Saturday morning, Jeff and Matt went on a bike ride while Mom, Dad, Andrew and I went to Kroger to pick up the live Crawfish for our boil later that afternoon.

By about 1pm, we had a house full of family and close friends enjoying Boiled Crawfish, Lemonade, ping-pong and pool time. 

Dad and Matt Handling The Boiling
Round 1 - YUM!
Full Table Of Head Suckers and Tail Pinchers
After everyone ate, the ping pong and pool time began. Andrew got in to the pool with Aunt Jennifer and spent hours playing on the first step of the pool. He had a blast and fell asleep within an hour of getting out.


Andrew played on the first step for 2 hours - throwing the ball over and over.
Matt and his new puppy, Sheperd, had a great time too!


All in all, it was an awesome day. We ended the night playing poker for pretend money and we were in bed by 11pm. A great time with a great group of people. We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family willing to spend part of their Easter weekend with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment