Fast forward to today and we have a child that is literally addicted to this swing. When we try to put him down for a nap in other areas, he throws a fit. We have slowly started to win this battle, but have not even approached the bedtime aspects.
The time has come.
Our once relatively small child is now over 15 pounds and 2 feet long. Squeezing him in to this swing for much longer will not work. Not to mention, his increase in weight now means we must replace the batteries every 4-6 days. This swing takes 4 D batteries and our battery bill is going up so much that we should really consider purchasing stock in Energizer or CopperTop.
Tonight is the first night of "ripping off the bandaid" - I'm so nervous! So far so good. I did remove the bumpers so he could see out in to his room if he wakes up. I guess I'm hoping that will make him feel a little better when he wakes up completely still on his back vs. reclined and swinging.
Who would have thought that this would be a big part of my stress for the week? My how times change.
UPDATE: Well it's been 2 nights and things are looking pretty good. The first night was ROUGH! He did great from 8:30pm - 11:15pm but woke up every hour on the hour after that. Our only duty to fix the wake-up was to re-insert the pacifier. But, it drove us nuts. We almost gave up for night 2, but decided to go ahead and give it a try. Last night was great! He slept from 8:30pm - 1am for a pacifier insertion and then till 5am for a feeding and then till 8am for the rest of the day. Not too bad!! Hopefully tonight will be an all nighter.


Wow! Who knew sleeping would be such an ordeal? We got lucky; Rocco is the best sleeper. I think it's from his week in the NICU. They are so strict in there, that he followed that routine at home. And now, he goes to bed every night at the same time. I don't think we could have had an easier baby. I keep telling Sam that this is not normal and our next baby will most likely not be so perfect, lol. I hope Andrew starts to love his bed!
ReplyDelete