Last weekend, Jeff and I took Andrew to the Fort Worth Zoo. We loaded up the car and took the hour drive to Fort Worth and battled the crowds on an absolutely beautiful February day. The temperature was in the 70s and we jumped at the chance to have Andrew get his first Zoo experience. We had been told that the Fort Worth Zoo was much better than the Dallas Zoo so we took the advice and went the Fort Worth route.
We had a nice time at the Zoo, but Andrew was less than interested in the animals. He was more interested in watching all of the people and walking everywhere. We had to stop him multiple times from running in to people or attempting to climb in to the animal areas. I enjoyed taking pictures of all the animals and my fellas. I was "that" mom who thought it would be cute to dress my child just like his daddy for the day. As long as I get a laugh - it's worth it.
 |
| Andrew noticing the Giraffes |
|
 |
| Andrew decided he wanted to get in with the Giraffes |
|
 |
| Gotta Get Pics of the TIGERS! |
 |
| This was not a happy Lion. We kept hearing him roar as we walked around. | |
|
 |
| See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil |
|
We made some realizations after our trip to the zoo. 1) Andrew is too young to go to the zoo. We figured he might be but the day was too pretty to not do something outdoorsy. 2.) The zoo smells like poop. Not sure why I thought that it would not, but I was unpleasantly surprised by the constant smell of poop. 3) I think that classifying a cockroach as a zoo-worthy exhibit is a mistake. I also think that showing his habitat as a kitchen plate with people-food on it is even more disturbing. 4). The lines to get food are so crazy that I will pack a lunch the next time we go. 5) Spending the day with just my guys is absolutely awesome and I want to make sure we get to do that more often. It's easy to get caught up in the stress and then look up and a month has gone by and you have not spent any "real" time with the 2 most important people in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment