Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Stomach Bug

Last Monday when I picked Andrew up from daycare, his teacher informed me that he was not his 'normal' happy self. She said that she checked his temp and he was at 99.5. Well, little did I know that by 10pm, that temperature would be 102.2 and he would be vomiting everywhere again! We JUST went through this right before Christmas. And now again, he was up all night and got very little sleep the next day as well. I was thinking we had gone through the worst of it and the bug was passing. HA! He continued to blow out diapers and throw up for 7 days. I became that frantic, doctor visiting, nurse calling, internet-searching mom who thought for sure that my child was about to explode. UNTIL - I got it. Thursday morning I woke up and thought, "hmmm, I don't feel very good" and the flood gates opened. We were not a happy family around here. Jeff was officially thrown in to caretaker - doctor - grocery shopper mode. He managed Andrew while I moaned and groaned for 2 days.

Once I got better and Andrew was still vomiting, I was really worried. But, knock on wood, Andrew is back to normal. Fever is gone, poops are normal, no vomiting to be seen - THANK GOD! He is back at daycare and I'm back to work.

We realized that since we have been doing the daycare thing - Andrew has not gone one full week. Either with Christmas or him being sick over and over again, we can't seem to make it through a full week. But, I feel confident that this week will be great! 

Until, of course, I read that there has been an outbreak of Pink Eye. ugg.

No comments:

Post a Comment