Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Andrew's First Haircut

The time had finally come. Andrew's hair was tickling his ears and going in to his eyes almost all of the time and there are only so many ways to comb all of that over. So, we scheduled a hair cut. The original goal was to wait until he was turning one and considering his birthday is in just a few weeks, I would say that we made it.
Here he is before the hair cut - hair in his eyes and his ears.

Andrew's First Haircut was today at Cool Cuts 4 Kids in Plano. I packed snacks, bottles, water, toys, video camera, digital camera, tissue for tears and a ziploc bag for a few of his locks. I was prepared for a disaster. I was not sure how he was going to react to the entire process but I know he is not a huge fan of sitting still or loud noises like hair dryers. Not to mention the many stories I've heard from others about their child's first haircut.

Jeff and I both went - one holding a video camera, one holding a digital camera and both ready to help if needed to console our sweet kiddo. With the first picture - you can tell, we were still a little nervous about how this was going to go...
This picture cracks me up - He looks like Popeye to me.
 As usual, our child seemed to make a party out of it. They put him in a race car seat with a steering wheel and he was completely satisfied pretend-driving for almost the entire time.  The "entire time" is about 8 minutes - any longer and I may have been blogging an entirely different story - who knows.

Andrew Pretend-Driving The Race Car
 Now, he was not his normal laughing self, but he was absolutely fine. He seemed more intrigued by the process than upset or annoyed. The wetting of the hair part and the scissors starting to come at him actually made him quiet and relatively still. Smart kid.




Another milestone with our sweet boy has been achieved. Now he is ready to celebrate his birthday in style with his new "do".



Jeff wanted to take the picture with us looking in the mirror... cuz he is creative and stuff.


Good job Andrew! Now he has a certificate and a ziploc bag with some of his hair in it as a keepsake.

1 comment:

  1. sure is a good looking dude!!
    -Cool Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete