I am starting to get very excited about the holidays! I know - it's waaaayyyy early, but if you know me, you know that usually by this time I'm searching around for some Christmas music to feed my addiction to holiday time.
So we are already in the process of scheduling lots of good stuff for the holiday season.
Halloween - Andrew will be going as a Tiger - No, not Tigger, but an LSU Tiger. Yes, I know it looks like a Tigger costume - but trust me, it's Mike The Tiger in this house...I was not sure what costume to go with, but considering my kiddo can growl so well, I figure a Tiger is extremely appropriate and fits well with my Alma Mater.
Thanksgiving - Andrew's 1st Birthday is on Thanksgiving Day. We are very excited and will have a very small gathering at the house with our family to celebrate (My parents will be here along with my brother and of course, Sybil and Mike). Plus, the Saints are playing the Cowboys that day so this house will be ALIVE with tons of sugar from the cake and a healthy in-home rivalry between the Walker's and Meredith's.
November 28th is the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We are planning to have Andrew "Dedicated" at our church. It's like a Christening but our church does not really do that. So, he will be brought to the front of the congregation and surrounded by all of our family and friends. Everyone will pray for him and the long life ahead of him, so I'm very excited about this. After church, everyone will come back to the house and we will celebrate Andrew's birthday again. In our home, we believe in the Birthday Week so he gets to celebrate all week.
Christmas - My parents and brother are planning to come to Dallas this year for Christmas. My brother does not have many days off of work and getting from Oklahoma to Dallas is much easier for him than going all the way to Baton Rouge. So, pretty much out of necessity, we will be hosting our first Christmas. I will miss our normal Christmas events, but I understand and am looking forward to having Andrew enjoy Christmas at home.
New Year's Eve - CRUISE!! We are going on a cruise this year to celebrate the new year. We are thrilled! At this point, we have 6 people going on this cruise and could not be more excited. It should be wonderful and I really could use a vacation. The only scary thing is that it will be the first time I am spending the night away from Andrew. My parents will be keeping Andrew for the 4 nights that we will be gone.
Lots to look forward to over the next few months!
I love the holidays!!
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment