Monday, August 23, 2010

Scared the *&#!% Out of Us

Today, we were in the kitchen having lunch and chatting with Ms. J (our nanny). I gave Andrew a Gerber Graduate little biscuit thingy that he has had multiple times and never seemed to have any problems with. This time was different. Jeff happened to look down at Andrew who was sitting on the floor between all of us and his face had turned completely red and he had this sheer look of terror and panic on his face. He was choking - full blown, no air, food lodged kind of choking. Jeff immediately went down to Andrew and was patting his back with a good amount of force to make a difference. I think that it cleared the biscuit, but we were not sure. Next thing you know, Ms. J picked Andrew up, quickly turned him over on her forearm and with a good amount of force, hit his back. That definitely worked. He was fine at that point.

So, you may ask - what was my reaction?? All I could do was say "Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit..." Literally - that was it. They were handling him and I was bouncing from foot to foot cursing with my hands shaking. When it was all done, I stuck my hand in his mouth and cleared out the rest of the biscuit that was hanging around. That was my one small contribution.

UGH - that literally scared the bejeezus out of us. But, he is totally fine...well, until he knocked his head on the coffee table this evening. Having a boy is going to be hard. But, I'm totally looking forward to his exciting adventures as long as he stays safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment