Jeff and I have been trying to be extremely budget-conscious since he has gone back to school. It's been a challenge to go from a 2 income family to a 1 income family and sometimes we come up with things that, at the time, make tons of sense.
We had been playing around with the idea of canceling our cable. We hardly ever watch television and if it is on, it's due to a rented movie. So, we figured why continue to pay for a service that we are not using. It would save us $100 a month and that seemed like a no-brainer. We were only playing around with this idea until I came home one afternoon and Jeff had actually "pulled the plug" on our cable subscription.
Fast forward to the first day of actually not having cable. I kid you not, I've never wanted to watch television so bad in my life! It's all about want-what-you-can't-have and I realize that. We even went out and bought a high-end antenna (I think that's an oxymoron) and it gave us about 5 channels that we could watch and 25 Spanish channels that we could skip over. Needless to say, our little experiment of no cable lasted a full 2 weeks and that is because the cable company needed a week to set us back up.
The cable guy comes on Thursday. I'm sure I won't actually watch tv, but hey... at least now I know I can.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment