Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Holy Cow

I'm PREGNANT!!! It's hard to believe that what we have been working toward for so long has actually been achieved. I'm still so cautiously excited, but thrilled that we have made it this far. I had so little faith that the FET was going to work...and boy was I wrong!



I started taking Pregnancy tests 4 days post 5 day transfer. A glimpse in to my brain...
Day 0,1,2,3 - Bed Rest
Day 4 - Negative - whatever, too soon anyway. I am just a glutton for punishment.
Day 5 - Negative - Ok, still too soon, but brace yourself for the negative. Get used to it.
Day 6 - FAINT, FAINT, FAINT line (June 27th). I'm VERY aware of what a negative pregnancy test looks like and this one was a little, itty, bitty, bit different. Not getting excited. But, ok, a little bit excited.
Day 7 - Yep - Line is still there. Not as faint. Holy cow, is this real? Don't get too excited - it could just be a chemical pregnancy. The lines have to continue to get darker for this to count
Day 8 - Line definitely there - definitely darker than the day before. Ok, I'm pregnant. Shock. Disbelief. Need a new test.
Day 9 - Line is no darker today than yesterday. Something might be wrong. Go back to non-excitement. Protect yourself. This may not work out.
Day 10 - got a new brand of pregnancy test. 2nd line was IMMEDIATELY there and very dark. Yep, I'm pregnant. Holy Cow. My mom is jumping up and down, we are excited, but still need to find out what my HCG level is. If it is too low, the pregnancy may not be viable. Cautious excitement... again. (July 1st)
Day 11 - Home from Louisiana - Doc appointment in the morning to officially confirm the pregnancy and get my HCG level. Peed on one more stick for good measure. Absolutely positive. No question about it. We are having a baby! Wow, wow, wow!

Doctor called at about noon with the results. "I've got some good news" was how he delivered the official pregnancy announcement. YAY!

HCG level is high. Really high for the very first test. 662... holy cow... Twins?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment