Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Doc Appointment and Next Steps

We had a post-IVF consult appointment scheduled for Friday afternoon... 1 week after we found out the embryos did not implant. I had stopped crying and thought I was at peace with everything by Easter Sunday morning. Until this appointment. I cried when we saw the RE doc, when we saw Dr. Lily and the entire elevator ride down from the appointment. It was very emotional to be back in that office.

Our RE went through all of the ins and outs of the process and told me that everything was perfect and could not have gone better in regards to the steps leading up to the Big Fat Negative pregnancy test. That did not make me feel very comforted. He was pushing us to start again. I have put the brakes on that.

We are delaying one month for several reasons:
1. Mike and Stephanie are getting married on May 25th and the Frozen Embryo Transfer would have been within a day or two of that.
2. My hormones are clearly still screwed up and I wanted to give them a little bit more time to even back out. Ovulate once on my own to make sure all my "pipes" are still in tact.
3. I developed a lump in my breast that I needed to have checked out before I jumped right back in to this. (The lump is benign - a result of jacking with my hormone levels).
4. I gained 9 pounds through this process - I have to lose that weight before I just keep adding more weight to it (4 pounds down, 5 to go).
5. I'm not emotionally ready yet - I'm still rather ticked off that it did not work and have a pretty sour outlook about the chances that these Frozen embryos will take. This attitude will get better, it is clearly part of the coping process. I just need to work through it on my schedule and not theirs.

So, we will start the 6 week process again in early May and have the Embryo transfer in mid-June.



No comments:

Post a Comment