Today is my birthday and I am officially 34 years old. Not any type of major milestone to get very excited about other than a wonderful excuse to eat as much junk food as I want and not feel even a little bit bad about it. As far as today is going, I may just forget the birthday all together. I spilled very hot coffee all over my shorts/legs while driving home from the donut place (my annual birthday breakfast) where I was informed that they were out of regular donuts...really, does that happen? I had to eat my birthday breakfast at home because the previous AC problem that we thought we had fixed has come back with a mean vengeance. Last night I returned home from dinner and I walked in to a sauna. So for the second time in 3 weeks, everything (the word "everything" has a new meaning now that we have a child) was packed up and brought over to Laura's to spend the night. This latest fix is not nearly as nice on the pocket book as the first "fix" and even though we told the nice man it was my birthday, he still gave us a bill for over $500. UGG. Jeff reminded me that it could have been much worse, so I am thankful that it was not much more than that. However, I say this as I'm still sitting in a house with no AC - so an update may follow.
On to the good stuff ... As I move in to the next year of my life, I spent some time today looking back over the last year. Needless to say, 33 was an absolutely fantastic year for me. I got to meet my wonderful baby boy and spend some of the most amazing time with him. As a result of having him, my parents (and even my brother) are here more often and we spend some great time with them and Jeff's family too. Having Andrew was the best and most successful accomplishment of my life. Few things can compare to that type of life-changing event.
So, even though I welcome 34 in a sweaty, no-ac kind of way, I'm still happy with my life. I'm overwhelmed, super stressed and have very little time on my hands, but I have a very happy baby, a great family, outstanding friends, a wonderful career, I'm healthy and I have the smartest husband/super student in the whole world. Life is good and I welcome 34 and the fun things it has to offer.
The quality of this picture is pretty bad, but it's the most recent of my little man and me.
No comments:
Post a Comment