Sunday, July 11, 2010

Church and McDonald's

Jeff and I brought Andrew to church-daycare for the first time this morning. In the past, we have brought him in to the service with us or sat in the cry-room of the church instead of dropping him off at the daycare that is provided. It's been one of those areas of letting go that I'm finally totally comfortable with. Not to mention, the last time I brought him in to the service with me, he got so mad and screamed as loud as I've ever heard a child scream. I quickly exited the service holding him in my arms as he let out another scream as though I was pinching him. At that point, I was in the hallway of the church and knew that since I could still hear the sermon, they could definitely still hear my child. So, I took off running in high heels holding this kid and darting as fast as I could for the exits. I finally got him outside when Jeff came running out too saying how people were staring and laughing - it was traumatic for the entire family . We did not go to church for a few months after that.

After our very successful day of church and church day-care, we decided that a trip to McDonald's was exactly what we needed. Originally we decided that a trip to Breadwinner's was what we needed but a big crowd and a sleepy baby brought us to our senses. So, we hit the closest McDonald's and decided today was the day we would try out the indoor play area of MickeyDees. Not that Andrew could play on the toys, but we knew he would enjoy watching the other kids playing and running around. So, Jeff and I put in our pretend earplugs and enjoyed breakfast surrounded by kids running and screaming all around us. Andrew really did get mesmerized by the whole thing - so it was worth it. We even got a few pictures of our big guy playing with a few things designed for the younger children...


Today was a great day for the Walker family. McDonald's, church and family time - Yay for Sundays!

1 comment:

  1. he's a good looking dude! loved the pics @ mickey d's. love y'all!
    cool uncle mike

    ReplyDelete