Sunday night while we were sleeping, I started to dream about walking through a desert and thinking I may not make it through. I was so hot and was shedding clothes and looking everywhere for water. When I woke up, I realized that our Air Conditioner had stopped working. After picturing dollar signs flying out my window at the thought of having to repair my AC in the middle of June, I tried to imagine sleeping multiple nights in our home as we waited for the repairs to be complete. Our neighbors just recently had to replace their entire system and with the age of our home, it was likely that we were going to have to do the same. Needless to say, the rest of my night was not very peaceful.
It's funny to me how the saying "when it rains, it pours" and "bad things happen in threes" is so true. A few years ago our Hot Water heater burst and flooded our downstairs floors, the day after that a spring popped on our Garage door and required a full replacement and three days later some furniture delivery men broke spindles on our staircase and rammed a dresser through my wall. Now that set of three was worse than my current set of three. Out of the blue the other day, our refrigerator quit providing drinking water, our guest bathroom sink took over the job of the fridge and started giving water freely to the entire cabinet and ruining everything that was in it and on Sunday, the AC got fed up and quit.
My only response to things like this is to nervously laugh and pray that I don't have a breakdown in front of lots of people and be carted off to the loony bin. When I think that it is not possible for my shoulders to tense up any higher than my ears, these kinds of things happen and I end up walking around with a crick in my neck from the anxiety of not knowing the trick to growing money on trees. But, things have a way of just working out for us. I have numerous examples in our lives where our faith and blind hopefulness manages to get us to the other side of bad situations without much wear and tear.
I write this blog in a home that is cool and a pocket book that did not lose too much weight from fixing the problem, so that is one down. I bought a Brita water filter system to get us through the time with no Fridge water and the leaking sink will be fixed this weekend without the need for a plumber. Not too bad! Not all fixed, but completely acceptable work-arounds while the Walker family pinches pennies during Jeff's going back to school efforts.
Other than that, all is well here and we are doing great. No crawling yet, so things have not changed too much. Whew!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment