In many areas of my life I'm considered an "average" person. However, in other areas, I tend to go above and beyond the average person and really hit it out of the park. An example of this is when I got pregnant. The "average" person gains between 35 and 40 pounds during their pregnancy. I went ahead and gained that much by 7 months pregnant. By the time I was ready to deliver him, I had gained 53 pounds! I had hit a weight that I previously thought would make me jump off a bridge. But, there was nothing to do but laugh at it and hope that my child was going to weigh 25 pounds at birth.
Thank goodness Jeff had gained quite a bit of sympathy weight because if he had not, I would have weighed one pound more than he did at our wedding. I was, what I considered, a mix of the Michelin Man and a Goodyear Blimp. Weighing more than my 6'2" husband was not something I was going to take lightly - pregnant or not. So, as long as he weighed more than I did - I was able to laugh at the scale each time I got on it. Laugh/whimper a little bit - all the same thing.
So, when I left the hospital and looked like I was about 8 months pregnant, I got a little bit worried that the losing weight process was going to get the best of me. No one tells you that you are going to look very pregnant when you leave the hospital. No one tells you that your stomach will still poke out as if the baby is still there. No one tells you that the lady at Target will ask you when you are due as you push a stroller through the check-out line (really, lady, really?).
Luckily, it did start falling off. After 2 weeks, I've lost 35 of the 53 pounds. I think the final pounds are going to be much more difficult, but I have faith that they will come off too.
To make that happen, I'd like to say goodbye to the following foods:
1. Whataburger Taquito - I will miss you the most.
2. Snow Cones with extra Condensed Milk
3. Oreos, Fritos, Bean Dip
4. Most Mexican Food places within a 10 mile radius of my house.
5. Cookies, Ice Cream, Cake and Brownies
Once I lose all the "baby weight" - I need to address the 20 pounds of weight gained after our wedding. So, I have a loooonnng way to go, but I have faith that this will all work out great!
Now, I'm going to go eat some carrots.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

lol, good luck! Sorry I moved, or I'd be in the gym with you. I gained about 35 pounds and only lost 20 so far. I've been trying to eat excess food for breastfeeding. I decided to cut back now, so I can try to go back to the way I was. It's way harder than I thought it would be.
ReplyDelete