Well, today we had our sonogram to see how big this baby is and turns out - he is not small! We figured that - but it was going to determine a few things for us.
Our doctor told us that we had 3 options:
1. If he is over 8.5 pounds we will schedule a C-Section to prevent any potential harm to the baby - which I agree with and am totally fine with.
2. If he is 8.5 pounds - we will induce him and try to deliver naturally.
3. If he is under 8.5 pounds - we will just let him decide when he wants to arrive.
We are picking door #1. He is measuring 9 pounds, 5 oz. right now! - GULP -Keep in mind that he is gaining about an ounce each day... So, a C-Section will be scheduled for Wednesday, November 25th - and at that point, he will be closer to 10 pounds! BIG GULP
The sad thing is that we will be spending our Thanksgiving in the hospital, but the great thing is that we have so much to be thankful for and we have a definite date that we will get to meet this fat turkey!
I'm still trying to talk our doctor in to changing our date for delivery to Monday, but for some reason, she does not listen to what I say or want. So, mark your calendars - this baby will be here no later than Wednesday, November 25th. Now, if he wants to come early - I'm totally fine with that too. Maybe even today!!
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have an empty bathtub and an awesome midwife if you want to have him here.... ;)
ReplyDeleteJust kidding. Good luck! We will be thinking about you and baby Walker on Wednesday. Does he have a name yet???