Saturday, March 22, 2014

Even more surprises

Our first appointment with our OB was set for 7.5 weeks. I was terrified. The last time I was in that office was when I found out about the miscarriage. I had so much anxiety about whether this pregnancy was viable. I had tons of pregnancy symptoms so that was comforting. I also felt so much better with this pregnancy than I did with the last one.

We arrived and were taken back for the sonogram. We were making small talk with the technician, Michelle. She was so nice and talkative. While she and Jeff were chatting, my eyes were focusing on the screen and trying to see a heartbeat. She was moving around quickly and I was not able to see anything definitive. She got very quiet. My shoulders were now above my ears from tension and anxiety. Jeff and I were holding hands so tightly and I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. She said, "Let me tell you what we have going on here." And she paused. She removed the vaginal wand and put the jelly on my belly - all while not saying anything. It was the longest 7 seconds of my life! Then she said it...

You are having TWINS.

Wait....WHAT???

That is what my I said in my head. What came out was this weird scream/laugh/cry. Jeff and I both started crying and asking a ton of questions. Both had heartbeats. Both looked perfect! She could not tell if they were fraternal or identical because they each had their own amniotic sac. We would find that out later.

We went from not being able to conceive on our own to naturally conceiving twins. What an amazing miracle! God is so very good and we are so blessed.



TWINS!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment