 |
| Yes, I am an artist. |
I recently hit a breaking point with dinners at our house. They were becoming more and more frustrating as we attempted to get Andrew to sit down, stop playing and actually eat. My super-smart friend Lauren told me about her "Table Time Rules" and how it improved their eating experience greatly. So, Andrew and I spent a Saturday morning coming up with our own rules. As he came up with a rule that we both agreed should be on the list - I would write it down - and draw a picture so that he could remember the rule without me reading it to him. This lovely artwork now hangs in our home near our dinner table.
The beauty of it is that these rules are enforced anywhere we eat - not just at home. So, now, instead of fighting over how many bites he has to eat or how much time needs to be spent at the table - I simply say "Table Time Rules" and he begins to behave again. It's been great so far!
Love taking tidbits from other moms and seeing results.
I'm about to add a Number 5 for Jeff - No phones at the table - but, that's a different frustration. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment