The last 8 weeks have included shots, patches and the occasional doctor's appointment. This was the build up to the Frozen Embryo Transfer that we did on Friday. Now, we wait. And Pray.
Back in March, we had 4 embryos left that we were able to freeze. We arrived to the Fertility Center at noon to find out if 2 of our snowbabies had defrosted and were still viable. It was one of the first questions I asked our nurse but she deflected and told me the Dr. Lilly was going to have to talk to me about it. The anxiety that was already through the roof pretty much hit the moon at that point. They prepped me for the transfer and Jeff and I quietly waited in the waiting room.
When it was time, we walked to the procedure room and met with Dr. Lilly. I was ready to hear the worst - but it was perfect! The embryos thawed perfectly and were already starting to hatch. That was wonderful news for us! We got to see our 2 embryos and talk with Dr. Lilly about what could have gone wrong the first round and her thoughts about this Frozen Transfer attempt. She was very positive and had such a wonderful sense of hope and enthusiasm about this effort. It was contagious. After almost 3 months of negative, bitter and frustrated feelings about this process, I started to feel like it may actually work this time. I've spent so much time shielding my feelings and not getting overly invested in this second process that having a glimmer of hope made a huge difference in my attitude going forward. Thank God for Dr. Lilly!
Just like last time, the procedure was "perfect", according to Dr. Putman. He was literally "in and out" and we were sent over to the waiting room. I had to wait for an hour before we would be discharged. I decided to find an article about relaxing and stress reduction. It had 6 steps and I fell asleep before I got to step 6...so, I would say that this article was accurate on how to reduce stress.
Once home, I've been catered to by such amazing friends and family. Amazing meals, wonderful conversation and lots of laughing. The calls, text messages and emails from people still continue to amaze me. I am so blessed and have such amazing people in my life. No matter what happens, I will never forget how wonderful these people are. And, of course, a huge thank you to Jennifer & Sybil for dropping everything to watch over me, my kiddo and this house while Jeff had to work.
The next step is we wait. We wait until July 1st. Problem is, we are going out of town to my cousin's wedding and won't return until July 2nd and have the first HCG Blood test on July 3rd. However, I will be doing Pee-on-a-stick tests for this round. So, by July 1st, I will likely know if we are pregnant or not.
Prayers, Prayers, Prayers!!!
Sunday, June 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment