Monday, May 13, 2013

Camping Couple Plus 1.

Prior to becoming a mom, Jeff and I loved to go camping. I grew up camping with my family and have such fond memories of camping trips. We even registered for camping gear when we got married. We knew it would be fun for years and we truly enjoyed it. My last camping trip was almost 4 years ago. I was 6 months pregnant with Andrew and I knew it was going to be my last chance to sleep under the stars for a while...until now.


 We took Andrew camping on Monday night for his first camping trip. He absolutely loved it! It was a little less "traditional" camping in that we went to my friend's lake house and camped in her back yard. That was planned though. We have not used the camping gear in years and needed to ensure that it was all in working order. We also needed an escape hatch in case Andrew got scared or had any major breakdowns in the middle of the night.

Happy to report - everything was perfect. My only complaint was that the weather report showed a low of 57 for the night, but the actual low was 46 degrees. We were COLD. Luckily, I was able to get 4 extra blankets from the lake house to help out. And, nothing stops Jeff from sleeping.


We cooked fajitas on the outdoor stove, made a fire, made Smores, went fishing and Andrew peed outside in the woods...true camping. However, in the morning, I went in to the lake house and made a big pot of coffee ... true convenience.



Camping will be a wonderful family adventure for us for years to come. I'm thrilled that the time has come for us to start this new tradition with Andrew. 




1 comment:

  1. Love the fishing photos! So cute :-)

    ReplyDelete