Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hot Air Balloons!

The Plano Balloon Festival was going on this weekend. Jeff and I have discussed going multiple times over the years, but never found the time to actually go. Well, now that we have Andrew, we made it a priority. We figured he may be too young to enjoy the hot air balloons, but we wanted him to see them anyway.

The key to actually enjoying this festival is to get there at the crack of dawn to watch all of the hot air balloons airing up and taking off for the morning. We dragged ourselves out of bed at about 5:30am and I woke up Andrew at 5:45 am. Now, keep in mind, Andrew is not an "early riser" like many babies. He usually sleeps till about 8:30am, so 5:45am was waaaayyyy early for him (notice the pictures).

We made it out while it was still dark and set up our chairs along the field. We watched as tons of balloons got ready, aired up and took off in to the rising sun. It was pretty neat and I'm glad we got to see it.  We left after about an hour and brought Andrew home for a nap.

 He does not look tired at all. :-) (Notice the Cowboys Jersey - 
Another Sunday of wearing it - another Sunday 
of the Cowboys losing - a change may be in order). 



Jeff was making the faces and noises that Andrew was
making right before we decided it was time to go. Needless to say, he was
not very entertained by the balloons...Andrew, that is.

I'm glad that I can say we finally went, but there are not many things in life that warrant rising before the sun does. So, chances are good - we will not be venturing to see the balloons next year. But, maybe when he is a little bit older and can truly enjoy it, we will go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment